Friday 18 October 2013

Magazine Advert

I decided that I wanted to include the album cover on my magazine advert, as I had seen this done previously and thought that this was the best way to promote the album. With this in mind, I pasted the cover onto a plain document in Photoshop.


I then placed a tagline underneath, stating the release date of the album as I felt this was essential information to include.


As the album is untitled on the front cover, I felt that it was necessary to include the band name and the album title below, and so placed them in the bottom left hand corner to draw the eye away from the other text on the page but also to it.


I then added the band's "website" address below this, as I had seen it done on other adverts, and to add an extra professional touch. The "consumer" could then check the website to find out more information about the band's album release.


Finally, I added the "4AD" logo, as this would suggest what kind of music the album was to have on it, and also because the label are responsible for the music itself and so needed recognition. I didn't feel that the advert needed anything else added to it, as the space below the image allows for the few pieces of text to really stand out; also, the audience might be put off by a lot of writing as this would take away from the important information. A fan of the band would automatically know what the advert was promoting, and someone who was unaware of the band but was interested by the cover would seek to find out more information (such as single releases) if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment