Saturday 12 October 2013

Filming 10/10/13

Admittedly, filming at the studio on Wednesday did not go too well.
As previously stated, I had booked the Orange Room from 5 until 6, and so arrived beforehand to set up. However, upon arrival, I had to find missing cymbals, sort out which shots I needed to focus on and become accustomed to using the video camera I had borrowed from college at the last minute, as I couldn't use the camera I had originally planned to. I was unorganised and it showed in the quality of my footage.
One of my actors was late getting to the studio, and was then scheduled to play the drums, but wasn't very strong in that area musically, which messed up a lot of the shots and wasted time. By the time any proper filming could take place, the hour was almost up. I didn't want to waste the opportunity and so asked if it was possible to stay an extra hour, but someone had already booked out the Orange Room from 6 o'clock. However, I was able to use the Blue Room, and so decided to move into there. This wasted more time, however, as we had to move all of the equipment into another room and set up once again, and obviously the room was a different colour, therefore creating inconsistency within the shots.
Another of my actors had to leave half an hour later, limiting what I could do within the short amount of extra time I was given, and the shots which were good in terms of camerawork were once again ruined due to the drummer not looking comfortable.
Overall, there is very little footage, if none, which can be saved and used from this experience, and therefore I have re-booked the studio for the 16th, as I was pleased with the location.

No comments:

Post a Comment