Thursday 17 October 2013

Filming 16/10/13

My second time filming at the studio went much smoother than first. I booked the Orange Room from 5 until 7, as I knew an hour was not enough time to organise myself. The extra hour meant that I could set up the equipment and the camera without rushing, as well as having time to re-shoot footage which I wasn't sure about and being able to experiment once I was used to my surroundings. I made sure that my actors were comfortable in their positions and brought along a docking station so I could play "Where Is My Mind" out-loud and the actors would be able to play in time to the song. I knew that one of my actors had to leave at 6:30, and so shot all of the footage which required him to be present before this time.
The whole process was a lot more relaxed and I got a lot more done because of it. I finished early and so was able to experiment with different shots of the drummer, and filmed from different angles and at different parts of the song.
One thing which could hinder the quality of my filming, however, was the lighting in the room. The only light was hung, as you can see in the images, not in the middle but to the side of the ceiling. It only occurred to me whilst I came to a close that I could use the flash on my camera, and so most of my footage I shot may well be a little dark and need to be enhanced during the editing process. Overall, though, the experience was much better than last time and I was able to capture everything I had set out to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment