Monday 14 October 2013

Filming 13/10/13

The filming which took place in Leire was much more beneficial than my previous experience, and I think I managed to capture everything I needed for my draft video.
I filmed on a Sunday, which meant that we could shoot for the entire afternoon until it got dark, and as the location was outside and in a public place, it was free of charge. I could re-shoot entire scenes without the constant pressure of a time limit, which was a great relief.
My actors brought their guitars/bass etc. to the location and were dressed accordingly. The fact that we were outside and were continuously moving around meant that we couldn't bring a drumkit with us, but I brought along a set of drumsticks for the drummer (replaced by another actor who was more accustomed to playing the instrument) to carry around with him. Stemborough Lane was a great place to shoot because the path turned off and led to a field which was overlooked by a lake, and we were almost completely uninterrupted by passers-by. This meant that there was plenty of room to film and also a variation of scenery.
I used a Samsung camcorder when shooting, as this created the shoddy, homemade style I wanted to capture. However, the downside to this is that a camcorder works using a tape, and therefore cannot be imported to a computer as easily as footage from a video camera can be.  If I cannot find a way to transfer the footage to a disc, I will have to re-record the shots on my video camera, using the camcorder's LCD screen, as I don't think re-recording the shots themselves using a video camera would look as good. There was a black and white setting on the camcorder which I used, as I had originally planned to incorporate a monochrome palette within my video, and also because this made the footage look more grungy and would be easier to work with when editing and adding effects.
I was able to shoot everything I wanted to, but I may decide to change and re-shoot some shots.
Here is a sample of my favourite shot. I played the footage on the LCD screen, rewinded and re-recorded it using my iPhone.


I wanted to test out some effects using my iPhone, and so also shot some footage using the app "Video Star". My favourite shot is the double effect which is applied to the final actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment