Wednesday 25 September 2013

Test Shots





I shot this footage on my iPhone at Woodlands Nursery & Garden Centre in Leicester this afternoon, using the app "Video Star". I decided to film some of the fish as they were swimming in the tanks due to some of the lyrics which feature in "Where Is My Mind", for example, "I was swimming in the Caribbean, animals were hiding behind the rocks, except the little fish..." etc. Also, as previously noted, Green Day incorporated fish into their video for "Basket Case" so as to convey an altered state of mind, which I think could also be applied to my song choice. I purposely blurred and slowed down some of the footage whilst shooting to distort and create a sense of disorientation, thus fitting with the theme of the song, and tried to also create a shaky camera effect. The first video is better quality than the second (the second being my first attempt) as I was just trying out different effects and you can see my reflection in some of the shots), but I may use some of this. I intend to edit the footage so it is placed over a shot of the band's vocalist, as shown below, but I may manipulate the footage in other ways too.

No comments:

Post a Comment