Tuesday 24 September 2013

Camera Equipment

I am going to be using three different cameras to shoot my music video.
The first being the Nikon D5000 Digital SLR.


The Nikon D5000 feels has a lightweight body and is a comfortable camera to hold. I will use this camera for very precise, still shots as it can also be placed on a tripod, so as to ensure the shots are steady.
It has an innovative vari-angle monitor, outstanding image quality and digital SLR movie function as well as 19 scene modes that automatically adjust exposure, image processing and Active D-Lighting for smooth tone reproduction in high-contrast environments, therefore making it the perfect camera for my project.

I also intend to shoot some of the footage on my iPhone.

One of the main reasons for using this software is due to the number of apps that can be downloaded to the phone to create special camera effects, for example Video Star, iMajiCam Pro etc.
As well as this, it is handheld and would make creating the "shaky camera" effect very simple to achieve.
I have the iPhone 4 model, which has a 5.0 megapixel camera that can record video at 720p resolution, considered high-definition. It also has a backside-illuminated sensor that can capture pictures in low light and an LED flash that can stay lit while recording video. It is the first iPhone to natively do high dynamic range photography. Saved recordings may be synced to the host computer, attached to email or (where supported) sent by MMS, which makes the process of shooting and uploading very simple.

Finally, I want to use the Samsung VP-L800U Camcorder.

Samsung's compact, user-friendly 8mm camcorder offers an array of advanced video and audio features that assure quality video recording. The 8mm video system provides a crystal clear picture image, and its lightweight and compact size make recording a lot easier. It features EASY-Q and CUSTOM-Q, guaranteeing excellent shots under any conditions, and allowing users to program their favourite settings. Optical zoom and digital special effects are also made achievable with the Samsung VP-L800U.
The only downside is the fact that the camcorder works with tapes. To upload any footage shot on the camcorder, the tape would have to be converted to a disc before going any further. However, I intend to use this software for the few opening shots of my video only, and plan on displaying the footage on a HD television, then re-recording what is being played on the screen with the Nikon camera. I want to achieve a sort of playback effect, and therefore as I am watching it back, I can pause and rewind the footage and record this as I am doing so. For example, I would like to create something to this effect:


No comments:

Post a Comment