Tuesday 24 September 2013

Audience Feedback


These are the comments I received on my pitch last week. Overall I think the responses were good; my ideas concerning psychedelia, surrealism and the abstract were well regarded by my peers, as well as the use of a shaky camera effect.
After much thought, I have decided to dismiss the idea of including a narrative element within my video, as this will create too much work for myself and possibly take away from the ideas I already have, rather than adding something unnecessarily to the video. 
The saying "less is more" applies here, and a simple performance video would more than likely result in a better video than if I overcomplicated my ideas and tried to achieve something that wasn't possible. By trying to shoot a narrative piece with a non-existent budget and limited software available, the professional style of the music video could be sabotaged in the process. Therefore, I intend to stick to performance, though adding in some shots of the band which are not related to the instruments to break up the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment